Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I have much farther to go...

A little late but better late than never...


Rosie and Denison were lovely. It was wonderful for them to come and be a part of the Fuller community. I felt like they stepped into my living room and shared their hearts, stories, song, and verse. It was a an event that I hope that never leaves my memories for quite awhile. The songs of Rosie Thomas are usually written to where I am at relationally. When I walked out of the show on Saturday I felt loved, empowered, and bold.Rosie herself was silly one moment and then vulnerable the next. She reminded us that there is hope and that brokenness is not forever. I needed to hear that and be reminded that the pain eventually produces beauty.

The show was lovely. You can't go wrong when the auditorium was packed out and attentive.

I have been on an old music kick lately. I haven't really received or bought any new music lately so it has been back to the old CD tower. It's been good...I have realized I have some crap...some music that I shouldn't own or even possess. It's funny to think how i felt i should have this in my collection. I thought I would be the shit if I had these records but in all reality the records are shit and I what I have left are stacks of memories.

I hope to be writing more about the music that happens to be entertaining my ears. Let's hope so....

No comments: