Sunday, April 19, 2009

a pretty song for you.

I am sipping on a cup of coffee
listening to another day by the album leaf



it is supposed to rain
and i have my favorite sweater on
my dog by my feet
attempting to find a good book to read

there is something about this simplicity that breathes new life
into the lungs that are old and tired
i think some of it has to do with the fact that i am
growing

older
up
wiser
dumber
softer
feminine
sanguine
(I like that word)

and the stacks of books in the corners of my room
are calling my name
now that I put aside the remote control
for the option of controlling the input of my own brain

thinking through the beauty of the words from Gloria Steinem
hope for equality
and peace
and desire
to have knowledge about our land
and our space
and making a difference

whatever that can mean for you....

1 comment:

Ryan Korstange said...

this is very provocative ... thanks so much for sharing.